Monday, August 10, 2009

Warming Trend

I admit it -- I thought wipe warmers (little machines that heat up the baby wipes) were unnecessary. I thought they were just one of those gadgets from the Baby Industrial Complex designed to get parents to spend more money and clutter up the nursery with stuff they didn't really need.

But...Mattie seemed to really hate the wiping part of his diaper changes, and I can see where having a cold cloth unceremoniously delivered to your private parts wouldn't be much fun. So Grandma picked up a wipe warmer for him, and I have to say that diaper changes are a lot more pleasant now! He still doesn't love them, especially if we're slow about it, but the level of frantic screaming has definitely decreased. So, yay for modern technology.

Jamesie continues to do well with his feedings. They'll go up to 8 ml/hour this afternoon. And he's had a little bit of poop (4 ml last night and 1 ml this morning, if you want the specifics), which is a start -- hopefully he'll keep up the good work.

4 comments:

Niki said...

I enjoy the "no more paparazzi" pose in this picture.

Ann said...

He cries when you change him because no one is holding him!

I also like the "please, no more pictures!

Grandma, Grandma, you are spoiling the child!

Love all of you and so glad to hear James is doing better too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I was also skeptical of wipe warmers but - based on your advice - I have just put it on my registry.

:)
R

Yvonne said...

Are those teeny weeny basketballs on his Carolina Blue jammies? Most excellent. :)