Thursday, June 16, 2011

BM

Last night Mattie picked up the letter B in the bathtub and said, "Brother starts with B." He continued, "Matthew starts with M." I'm sure he was just repeating things he had heard us say in the past (rather than actually knowing anything about spelling), but I was impressed nonetheless!

This morning Mattie said he wanted to go "on the potty", but then changed his mind when we got into the bathroom. He ran out into the other room, and then ran back in and said, "Poop." I asked him if he wanted to go poop on the potty, and he said yes but acted like he wasn't sure (I think maybe he's a little nervous about it since he hasn't done it before), and then once I had his pajama pants off he said no. So I took off his wet diaper, and told him I'd give him a clean diaper -- and then he wailed because I wouldn't put his wet diaper back on. Sometimes there is no reasoning with a two-year old. :)

No comments: