Monday, August 15, 2011

Bye, Alligator



When I left for work the other day, Mattie said, "Bye, alligator! [aggada]" -- he was shortening "see you later, alligator." Very funny.

Then the other night I was telling him a short version of Rapunzel as a bedtime story, and on the second time around, he said, "Rapunzel knock tower down. Matthew build another one." I can see where a story about someone being locked up in a tower would be pretty confusing if "tower" usually refers to toy building blocks!

This weekend, Mattie had been misbehaving, and then he followed me into the bedroom. I said, "You should go in a different room. Mommy's angry at you right now." He went out into the hallway, and I heard: "One. Two. Three. All done time out!" It was so cute that I couldn't stay mad at him. :)

He just recently learned that another word for his bedside table is nightstand.  Suddenly he's much more enthusiastic about putting things on his "nighting stand."  :)  He also sometimes repeats phrases he's working on at night.  The other day it was, "What's happening?  Huh. I don't know!"  (He and James both have a very emphatic, thoughtful way of saying, "Huh."  It's really adorable.)  

P.S.  Happy birthday to Cousin Daniel!

1 comment:

Niki said...

nighting stand... teehee...