Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Boys






The boys had a "pumpkin patch" at preschool today, where they got to pick out their own pumpkins. (They were also doing a pumpkin craft, had pumpkin seeds for snack, and there were little mini jack o'lanterns in the sand table. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me at drop-off!) Apparently there was also a puppet show, but Mattie didn't go into detail about the content. :)

I was at a work dinner last night, so Mike took the boys out to get a Really Big Pumpkin. He has plans for carving it sometime soon.

James looked so cute in his Halloween shirt -- do you think I can get away with putting him in it every day until Halloween? :)

James is now very into saying what things are not -- the old diaper is dirty, the new one is "clean diaper, not dirty!"  "That bottle brother's -- not Jamesie!"  "That water -- not milky!"

Mattie was really tired this afternoon (a combination of waking up too early and probably the tail end of the cold), so he was actually sleeping on the couch when I got home from work, and didn't budge despite James talking, turning on the TV, etc.  James said something like, "Brother is sleeping -- brother not wake up."  I had to correct him to say that brother wasn't waking up right now.  :)   (We ended up waking him for dinner and bath, and he still went to bed at the regular time.)