Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Climbing





On Sunday evening, some of the families from preschool had a get-together at (yet another) new playground. James mastered a new climbing wall, pictured here.  He didn't have to scale over the top -- there was an opening onto the landing near where he was in the fourth picture. (The top photo is Mattie at the top, but he got there using the stairs instead.)

Mattie had a good day at preschool today -- only a tiny bit of crying when he first arrived.  It was raining today, so they got to play in the fellowship hall instead of on the playground.  They were both having a great time when I arrived.  James was driving around in a toy car (they have a whole fleet of them at the preschool): "I turn the wheel!"

James said one of his longest sentences yet on the way home from the grocery store this evening: "I found the moon, over that way!" (Actually, though, it was a streetlight.)  He is talking so much these days.

Mattie is also saying new things every time we turn around.  Today, among others, it was, "You like to see that?"  (offering to show me something), and he asked for a napkin at dinner because "I need to wipe Jamesie's finger."  (He also said, "Jamesie want to eat my pizza" -- but alas, Jamesie did not.)  He said that his bear wanted to wear his cowboy hat, and then put the hat on the bear, laughed, and said, "It's too big for you!"  He found "a little tiny airplane" on the couch, and then said, "Daniel have an orange one!  A different color.  At Daniel's house.  He might let me hold it."  (I might not have that last part exactly right.  Also, I don't think Daniel has an orange airplane. Matthew also said that Daniel had a purple teddy bear that he might hold -- which I think is also not accurate.  So, you can't always believe everything Mattie says.)  Also, he called up Grandma and actually had an imaginary conversation with her on his Elmo phone (in case you were wondering, I think he was asking if she liked peaches).

No comments: