Monday, September 7, 2009

Photos to bring a smile to your face

James had a decent night. He doesn't like the ventilator tube down his throat so he clamps down on it, causing alarms to ring and his oxygen saturation to drop. The Ativan is supposed to help reduce this anxiety without using a narcotic such as fentanyl. The plan is to get him off the ventilator as soon as possible, perhaps later this afternoon or this evening.

<-- The sugar cookies pictuered here are delicious; they are also expensive ($2.69 each) and they are made in California. Every time I buy one I wonder why someone in Chapel Hill doesn't bake these cookies. It couldn't be too hard, and you could probably sell them for less. And you would be supporting a local business. I wish I knew how to bake and had a more entrepreneurial drive.

Stanley is a fuzzy happy dog (most of the time). Last night he brought up his barbell to remind me that it was time to play. Usually we play ball but I had been ignoring him for a while, so he brings up other toys in the hope that one of them will arouse my interest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that James had a great night. And, I must say that Mattie looks very cute even in Buckeye accoutrement (think how much cuter he would be in Nittany Lions clothing!).

Anyway, call if you guys need anything.

Sri