Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flower Child

Matthew's nephrologist decided that he doesn't need to have the home nurse come check his blood pressure any more, since his pressures have been very consistent since he's been home, and he's been gaining weight. We liked the home nurse, and Mike is a bit disappointed that we won't be able to keep as close tabs on Matthew's weight gain, but it's nice to have one less thing to manage.

James had another good day. We went in tonight, and he was awake watching his aquarium. He was feeling well enough that I got to hold him for a while, which was great. (His nurse was impressed at how much progress he'd made in two days!) They started his feedings at around 3:15 this afternoon at a very low level (2 ml/hour, continuous). So, by the time we were there he'd only had the equivalent of a few mouthfuls, but so far, so good. His bilirubin levels had gone up (to 10), which was disappointing, but if he's able to go back up on his feedings, those should start coming down again.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I guess a better post, Grandma called and wondered what was going on with me! I have started to post so many times but it went way too long so I thought I would just write a letter but so far, I have had no luck with that yet either so I am back to posting!

Matthew looks adorable and sleeping so peacefully, did you eat by the flowers since he was sleeping?

Know that James is on every prayer list that I know of so although we had a disappointment, I still know God is bigger and James will be a true testimony to many! The picture the other day of him was priceless! It looks to me like the angels were talking to him and telling him that all will be all right! And he did not look like he was in any pain!

We pray for your continued strength and rest too! James is never going to remember all of this but this will be something that never leaves the two of you! Or Grandma, or Great Auntie Ann, etc., etc.

Be blessed with your children and enjoy them!

Love GREAT Auntie Ann