Monday, April 30, 2012

Also Big


James is not the only one who has been putting on weight -- we're pretty sure Mattie had a recent growth spurt. He seems taller and heavier to pick up, and he's now somewhere in between 31 and 32 lbs.

He also continues to amuse us with the things he says.  The other day we were at the playground, and he was turning the steering wheel.  He wanted me to sit in the (pretend) back seat.  I asked where we were going, and he said that we were going to Cousin Daniel's house.  I said, "Are we there yet?" and he said, "No. It's a long way.  You should take a nap."  Then he wanted me to repeat the question over and over, until finally he got to "Almost" and "We're turning onto Daniel's street!"  (You can't say the kid doesn't pay attention!)

The other morning I had their Caillou show on pause while I changed James's diaper, and since it had been paused for so long, it flipped back to the regular television channel.  Matthew came in and told me that he went in to the living room and the Caillou was gone.  He said,  "I couldn't believe my eyes!"

Also the other day, I was putting him in his high chair and I guess I was saying or singing something about "put you in the seat, strap you in" and Matthew added, "Two cute boys, you love them.  You forgot that part."  :)  So I repeated it and he was happy!


No comments: