Saturday, January 21, 2012

More Marbles

(I know, too many photos, sorry!)  The cousins had a blast at Marbles today (along with half of Raleigh; it was rainy weather, so the place was packed!)

The ball room was a hit, like before, but they also explored some new sections. Mattie spent quite a long time playing with the play hose and hanging in the doghouse. (Meanwhile, James had found a net in the play fishtank, and was roaming around the room scooping up balls with it.) Later in the afternoon, even though I tried to whisk Mattie by the water play area before he saw it, he zeroed in on it and ended up playing there with some orange boats for probably 45 minutes, and couldn't have been happier.  (And oh well, a wet shirt isn't the end of the world!)  Jamesie liked the market area with the play vegetables, and also the oversized building blocks.  And Daniel enjoyed the fire truck and the water, too. 

(It's kind of funny that some of the things they spent a lot of time playing with are exactly like the kinds of things they have at home!)

Mattie also really liked sitting in one of the play cars (though he was disappointed to find out that it didn't move around like the ones at preschool).  But he made me sit in the backseat, and informed me that he was in the driver's seat.  (Heh!)  I asked where we were going, and he said, "To Grandma's house."  And then he handed me back some imaginary milky, and then poured me a refill.  ("I'm taking care of you!")  Too cute. 






No comments: