Monday, June 7, 2010

Cooped Up

There isn't an awful lot for a baby to do inside the crib, especially when he is recovering from surgery. Chewing on the metal bars of the crib is something out of the ordinary.


James is feeling well enough to roll over and sleep on his tummy.

Although he looks pretty comfortable here, he didn't get a full night of sleep. At his 4 caretime I could tell that he was hungry so after his diaper change I fed him some formula. He drank 3 ounces,a pretty good haul for James. But I was too hasty trying to put the remaining ounce through his g-tube because he threw up all over me and the floor when i was burping him. Next, he was weighed and had his blood pressure taken. I was very disappointed to see that he has lost a pound since he got to the hospital. Nonetheless, he seems to be rebounding -- he hasn't had a dose of pain medicine for 9 hours and he doesn't appear to be noticing.

No comments: