Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home from the Hospital

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday -- we stuck around as long as insurance would allow. It's really nice to be back in familiar surroundings, to see Stanley, and to be able to sleep in my own bed (without people popping in at all hours of the day and night to take vital signs, do rounds, empty trash, and deliver food -- although I'm sure at some point I'll be missing that food delivery!) We arrived home to several beautiful bouquets of flowers sent by friends, a lovely surprise.

It feels strange to be home without the babies, but we feel lucky that our jobs are flexible enough that we should be able to visit them every day. I'm sure over the next days and weeks we'll get a schedule worked out; preemies need a lot of rest, and so while we want to spend as much time with them as we can, we also don't want to overstimulate them too much.

No comments: