Sunday, March 4, 2012

Represent

James was drawing this morning, and he showed me something he'd drawn that looked like three sides of a rectangle, and said, "What's this?" I said, "I don't know. A rectangle?" and he said, "An ear!" And then he drew a spiral and said, "I drawing a snail!" (Go, James!)  He also likes drawing rainbows, and he also draws scribbles and says it's Matthew. :)

Mattie was asking for yellow paper, which we do not currently have.  ("We should go to the store and buy some!  We can go in the car and come home and I can draw on it with my orange marker!")  I told him he could use white paper instead, and he said, "I think that will work."  I am constantly amused by what that child comes up with (or picks up, as the case may be -- I'm sure he got that one from me.) 

P.S.  As an update to the basketball post below, I should probably add that James was playing basketball at preschool and did not make a single shot that I could see.  :)  He did seem to enjoy watching UNC beat Duke tonight, though!

P.P.S.  At Daddy's weigh-in the other night, Matthew was 30 lbs and Jamesie was 23 lbs, 10 oz.  

No comments: