Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tear Down this Gate

We have reached what feels like a full circle milestone -- we took down the gate between our living room and dining room.  It has been quite a while since the boys have had to be confined to one room! (We still have a gate to close off the stairs, though.  They are quite capable of doing the stairs on their own, but I prefer for them to have adult supervision, since occasionally they decide to do things like go up or down the stairs with some huge toy in their arms.) 

Mattie continues to amaze me with his language skills.  He's saying all kinds of complex sentences.  (The other day we were in the car, and it was something-something, "don't you, Jamesie?") 

One of his recent favorite phrases is, "Yes, I am!", said with great conviction, which is hilarious.  (I heard it for the first time when I said something like, "you're a very cute boy" and he replied, "Yes, I am!"  This morning I said, "Stanley is a good dog" and Mattie replied, "Yes, he is!")

In the bottom photo here, James is playing one of his recent games -- pointing to the pictures of the relatives and calling everyone "Daniel."  :)

Mattie's favorites: vacuuming with his bears

No comments: