Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday

James says, "Doggie ride the horse. Hold on tight!"
 Two and a half year olds are fun.  Mattie is pretty good at saying "thank you", but always has to be prompted for "please."  ("I want [whatever]!"  "How do you ask nicely?"  "Pah-weese!")  So it was a pleasant surprise to hear him say to James today, "Jamesie, may I please have the orange?" when they were playing with the toy food.  James's response was to say, "I cut it!" and run off to find the toy knife.  He cut the toy orange in half (it's designed to do that), and gave half to Matthew -- but a specific half.  He didn't want Matthew to have one of the two identical parts but happily gave him the other one.

Tonight Matthew was pretending his hand was an alligator that was eating my arm.  I asked him if alligators ate pizza, and he said yes.  Then he said, thoughtfully, "I don't see that pizza here.  Maybe he took it back to his nest."  (I have no idea where he got that, but it was funny!)



Monkey see, monkey do!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Two to four has been my favorite age for all of my nieces and nephews. Enjoy it and thanks for sharing stories with those of us far away.