Friday, November 4, 2011

Report Cards





Thursday was parent-teacher conference day at preschool. Mattie and Jamesie are both doing great. The teacher said they are very smart, and also well-behaved (by two-year-old standards, of course).

She also mentioned that if you didn't know they were related, you wouldn't guess from how they acted in the classroom -- she said they didn't play together, didn't sit together, and didn't look out for each other. She said that was different from the other sets of twins she's taught, but she also said it was kind of a good thing because they won't have the problems with separating from each other later on that twins often have. (She said sometimes twins would only play with each other, or with the boys would be wrestling with each other!) I'm a little sad that they're not more connected with each other at school, but they definitely like being with each other at home, so I'm not too worried.

(It was very cute last night -- James was looking for his blue bear, and Mattie found it and brought it to him. James said, "Thank you much, brother!")

The teacher mentioned again being excited that James was talking more and "putting words together" -- two words, that is. She thought being in the classroom was helping his language, but I'm finding that a bit hard to believe since he's talking more in sentences at home (most often 4 words or so, but sometimes longer, and often several sentences in a row these days). (When I got in the car the other day, he greeted me with, "N put my shoes on me!")

P.S.  Happy birthday to Andrew, Alexander, and Seiko!!

P.P.S.  Mike has been telling them the "Little Engine that Could" story at bedtime, so Mattie has been pushing his trains up the hill saying, "I think I can, I think I can!"

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hey I think I see your new closet in the background of one shot! :)

Erin said...

I see that the child that won't eat sweets and is generally fussier about food got a comment on his report card about putting things in his mouth! Perhaps if cookies tasted more like crayons he would enjoy them more!