Saturday, November 19, 2011

Barber Time







This morning, Mattie asked, "Where are we going today?"  I told him we were going to get haircuts and then to the playground.  A few minutes later, he said, "We're going for haircuts.  I might cry."  I told him that there was nothing to cry about, that it would be fun, and talked a little about what would happen.  And lo and behold, he was a very good boy at the barbershop!  (He liked looking at the fish on his cape, and got to hold the hairdryer afterwards.)

I was impressed by that; I wouldn't have expected a two and a half year old to have that level of emotional awareness -- knowing how he might feel but then being able to change his mind about the situation. 

James, on the other hand, was not amused and did not want to have his hair cut.  (We actually went back after the playground to get the back of it right.)  The stylist persevered, though, and we think both boys ended up looking good!

Static head!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dash needs his hair cut and it's one thing I'm NOT looking forward to, especially after the first time! WHEW!

Erin said...

I am very impressed with Matthew's perception of his own feelings and what triggers them. It makes one wonder more about the young man he will be!