Friday, October 16, 2009

Improvements

Grandma arrived tonight for a weekend visit -- hooray! She was supposed to fly in, but bad weather in Atlanta caused her flight to be delayed, which would have meant that she wouldn't get here until tomorrow, so she ended up driving from Florida. (She said an advantage of that was getting to bring more toys for the babies.)

We also got a new feeding pump, and so far it looks like this one is working properly. That's a relief!

We also had a babysitter come in for a few hours today. I came across her ad on Craigslist after our rough first day and figured we could use a hand! Even though yesterday was much better and more pleasant than Tuesday, we didn't get much else done besides baby care. Having the babysitter here today allowed Mike to get a bit of work done. And it was a good learning experience, because I ended up still doing a lot of baby stuff, even though she probably could have handled it just fine (she's not only an experienced nanny but also a nurse!) -- it was hard for me to let someone else do the things that I would normally be doing. In retrospect, though, I really should have taken advantage of the opportunity for a nap!!

And on that note, off to bed!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Yea for Grandma! Wish I was there too! Try to get some rest with Grandma there and I think the babysitter (nanny) is a great idea! You two have been through alot in the last five months and have handled it very classy but I know both of you have to be extremely exhausted! Take advantage of rest whenever you can! I have been saying that from day one!!!

Love you guys

Auntie Ann

Tanya said...

Mel
I'm glad you were able to find quality help that you can trust. With 2 kids and 2 jobs, our lives are all about having help. Its hard to let go for sure, but truly an important step for the long term. I hope this helps you navigate the months ahead. Good luck.

Tanya

craig said...

Glad my list is coming in useful!