Thursday, July 4, 2013

More from Bielefeld


The hotel breakfast is amazing.  This is just a tiny part of the spread, but note the breakfast sushi and the tiny glass jars of liverwurst.  Mike would have liked the salmon.  There were also mini egg rolls and something cooked up in a wok (unexpected, but tasty).  And an orange juicer, and sparkling wine.  Impressive. 

I think the statue man with the pipe is a linen-maker -- Bielefeld had a major linen industry back in the day (and bike parts were their other specialty, I was told.)

Coke has a market campaign here with "personalized" bottles.  Of course, since I don't have a typical German name, they didn't have one for me, but I think I located an adequate substitute (bottom photo).  :)

Tomorrow and Saturday are full conference days, and the conference center is up on a hill away from anything else (beautiful views, though) -- so my sightseeing is at an end for a while.

Mike reports that the boys have been having a great Independence Day at Cousin Daniel's, playing in the water at the botanical gardens and in Daniel's back yard. :)  Hope you have all had a happy 4th!



No comments: