Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bye-Bye, Pacis?

James announced this morning that he didn't need his pacifiers any more.  Matthew was very gung-ho about mailing the pacis off somewhere.  ("We need to put them in an envelope and take them up to the mailbox!  Can you put them in an envelope, Mommy?  Now?")  We didn't do that because 1) we didn't actually have anywhere to send them, and 2) I wasn't totally sure that James wouldn't change his mind when bedtime rolled around.  But he didn't -- he went to bed paci-free.  Good for him!

I wasn't too concerned about the pacis -- my philosophy was that if it didn't bother the dentist, I wasn't going to worry about it. (And besides, with Mattie being such a bad sleeper for so long, I certainly wasn't going to rock the boat and mess up James's good sleeping routine!)  But I think N has been encouraging James to give them up, which is fine.  If he's happy without them, that's one less thing to keep track of when we travel!

No comments: