Saturday, February 25, 2012

Raise the Hoop

Mike raised the basketball hoop this evening.  I thought it was too high for James, but he proved me wrong -- once he (quickly) got the hang of it, he had impressive accuracy.  I wasn't paying complete attention because we had friends over, but I'd guess he was making around 1/3 of his shots.  Go, James!

He also continues to be a natural gymnast; he has now taken to doing his somersaults ("humerhalts") off of the bed.  (I can't say I'm too thrilled about that one, even though it's just the mattress on the floor.)  And he was climbing the rocks in the backyard with ease.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Are you already thinking "athletic scholarship"?

Melanie said...

Actually, more like "the kid who is in the 0.5 percentile for height maybe shouldn't get his heart set on the NBA." :)