Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!

Alas, the boys are still sick, so they missed preschool and the Valentine exchange today.  (They didn't care, but I was a little disappointed!)  Last night was rough; they were up multiple times in the middle of the night, and Jamesie decided that it was playtime from 4 to 5 AM.  He was very cheerful and wide awake, but he was the only one that could be described that way!

The boys made Valentines for their babysitter N and the grandparents this weekend, but we are slackers and didn't get them in the mail yet.  Sorry!

Some things Mattie said today:

When I was putting him to bed:  "Here's a piece of my blanket for you.  You can tuck yourself in."

And later, he leaned over and kissed my arm:  "I gave you a bonus kiss!"

This afternoon, he was talking on his play telephone, and I asked him who he was calling.  He said, "The delivery man."  I asked what he was delivering, and Mattie replied, "He's delivering some cookies for you!"  I like the way you think, kid!  :)  Alas, I think he got that one from Sesame Street -- there has been a distinct lack of cookie deliveries around these parts.  


James's audiologist heard back from the ENT doc, and we're supposed to call and get him scheduled for surgery to put in new ear tubes and clean out his ears.  I'm sad that he has to have yet another surgery, but I'm glad that there's at least some forward progress in getting his ears taken care of. 






No comments: