Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sleeping and Eating

Little Matthew faked me out for two nights in a row. He had a few seconds of fussing, and since he'd been asleep for a long time (seven hours, maybe?), I figured he was waking up, so I went to get a bottle warmed up for him. But no -- he actually slept for another couple hours after that. So I've learned my lesson, and I'll wait to make his breakfast until he's fully awake! (But that experience is maybe going to turn me into one of those people who gets up early because the only time I can get anything done is before the kids are awake. Yikes!)

Apparently I spoke too soon about James's progress with drinking more milk; the last couple of days he hasn't been eating as much during the day (although each individual meal is around 40-50 mls). But today at least he didn't seem bothered by it (yesterday he seemed to be having a little reflux again), so maybe he just has heavier eating days and lighter eating days.

It's been gray and rainy around here. Nice weather for just staying home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We keep one of electric bottle warmer/cooler pack combos by our bed so I do not have to get out of bed... I highly recommend it! Then again, as you said, the positive side of getting up is that sense of accomplishment you get when you get to take your shower before 2PM...
:)
R