Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Paci Tales

The babies' motor skills are getting better every day. A few days ago, the babies were under their play gyms, and James was lying on his side happily sucking away on his pacifier. Matthew looked over at him, and with one smooth motion, grabbed the handle of the paci and pulled it right out of James's mouth. James was quite surprised and not all amused! (Don't worry, we gave James his paci right back.)

Then today, James was playing on his activity mat, and he grabbed a nearby paci and put it in his mouth. He didn't get it in quite right, and it didn't stay there long, but hey, it's progress!

My mom tells me I was just like James as a baby. I loved my pacifier, but when I got a cold, I couldn't breathe with it in my mouth. "That was a long few days," she said. (And yes, our little guys still have some congestion!)

[Top picture: Yes, Mike's shirt is inside out and backwards; he'd just gotten finished bathing Matthew. Mattie is in yellow and Jamesie is in blue. Bottom picture: Matthew with Grandpa.]

No comments: