Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Counting, No Sheep

A couple of weeks ago, James told me that he was going to count to 500.  And he said that it would take him eight days.  I told him that I thought he could probably do it faster than that, but it turns out that what he did was counted each night after he was in bed but before falling asleep.  (The problem with that is that he would sometimes then loudly announce which number he had reached, or want me to tell him how many more until he got to a certain number -- which was not very conducive to helping Matthew fall asleep!)  He would then remember the number and the next night, he'd pick up where he left off. I didn't keep track of whether it really took eight days, but it wouldn't surprise me. Then he decided to go on to 900 and then 1000.  I think he's stopped there for the time being, though we did teach the boys about infinity the other day.  :)

No comments: