Monday, December 5, 2011

Tree



The boys are happy with the addition of a Christmas tree to their playroom! They like touching the lights, and this evening, Mattie put White Bear on the tree. That was fine, because White Bear is small, but then he wanted to put one of the couch pillows on the tree for White Bear to go night-nights with! I told him I didn't think that would work, and he said, "Let me try." So he brought the pillow over and eventually conceded that it was too big. So he and White Bear laid down under the tree instead. (If only I'd had my camera!)

You may notice a lack of decorations on the tree; we may put up some non-breakable ones.  Mike thought they were old enough for the regular ones, but when I showed James the (non-breakable) ball ornaments, the first thing he did was pick one up and happily say, "I throw it!"  (He loves to play ball.)  Soooo, maybe next year for those.  :)  

James and Mattie were so funny tonight telling each other what to do. It was time to go upstairs to dinner, and Mattie was delaying. (When I told him dinner was ready, he said "Not yet. It's not ready yet.") He took a truck down, and James told him to put it back on the shelf, it was time to clean up! Then at dinner, Mike took James's cup away because he was playing with his water, and then when we gave it back, Mattie admonished, "Be a good boy, Jamesie!"

No comments: