Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Restraint

Matthew's nurse came up with a new way to try to get him to stop pulling off his CPAP -- he's got a little baby straightjacket on! (It didn't seem to bother him, though he still managed to dislodge the CPAP by moving his head from side to side.)

Jamesie is doing fine; he looked quite pink while he was having his blood transfusion, and then he settled back into the pale color that's more usual for him (although he'd been pinker the last couple of days before the feedings, so I know he can do better!) His belly is less puffy than yesterday, so the tube seems to be doing well at getting some air out. It sounds like they're still going to wait a little bit before trying feeds again, which seems like a good plan to us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Melanie & Mike,

Mattie is looking great if I may say so! I am glad to hear that James is tolerating the blood transfusions well. I hope that he will be feeding and making blood cells soon! Until then, extra special prayers go his way.

Keep up the good work with the babies and do not forget to sit back and appreciate how much progress you all have made already!

:)

Rita

Jennifer Arnold said...

Dear Melanie and Mike,
My thoughts have been with you for the last several weeks, but I just today found out about your blog from Rita. I am thinking the best thoughts and prayers for both James and Matthew. I'm glad to see both are gaining weight, and I hope James stabilizes soon.

Love,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I bet that baby straight-jacket feels nice and cozy, like being swaddled!

Janas

Ann said...

I would not want that thing up my nose either! I would move my head from side to side to get it out too! I already see a little of Aunt Ann in him! LOL!!!!!

Melanie said...

Jennifer & Rita -- Thanks!! I haven't been around Davie much, but I look forward to getting together again (hopefully sometime soon!)

Ann -- yep, he's not shy about expressing what he wants! At least for now, we think that's a good thing. :)