Thursday, June 6, 2019

Public Holiday in Jurong


 Wednesday was a public holiday in Singapore (Hari Raya Puasa, the end of Ramadan for Muslims).  I met up with my former student Joe and his family at a huge new park near where they live. The park, Jurong Lake Gardens, just opened recently, and it has tons of fun stuff -- a water play area, several play areas, a little restaurant, and lots of walking trails and flowers. (Once again, I wished the kids had been here -- I think they would have really liked it, aside from the heat!)

I think the park is intended to be similar to the Botanic Gardens (as far as being a "destination area" for locals and visitors), although with less emphasis on the variety of plants and more on recreation. It was a really hot day, but we had a good time anyhow!

Their son A is three. He reminds me a bit of Seth -- he loves trucks and vehicles. :)











No comments: