Thursday, May 26, 2016

Halfway Across the World


 I've arrived in Singapore!  For a 27-hour trip, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.  :)  And that's saying something, especially since on my 12-hour flight, I switched seats with this poor woman who wanted to sit by her husband (so after getting MY seat weeks in advance, I ended up in the middle seat).  But the Emirates A-380s are nice spacious aircraft, so even the middle seat was okay.  And the food was good and there was almost never a wait for the bathroom -- quite a difference from a domestic airline!

The flight arrived in Dubai a bit late and the connections were fairly tight, so lots of people were a bit panicked, but they had staff to meet us and "rush" us through security and the gate to get there on time.

It was very hazy in Dubai, so as you can see from the pictures, we didn't get much of a view of the city.  Flying in, you can definitely tell it's the middle of a desert!

On the second flight, I had a whole row to myself -- yippee!  And the planes had wifi (very, very slow wifi, but still), so I could get updates from Mike about the boys.  (They're all doing just fine.)

It looks like our apartment is going to be in a great area of Singapore -- lots of restaurants, etc. right next door.  And even at 10 PM, it's still plenty humid!









No comments: