Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mr. Hospitality

Yesterday evening, Mike was sitting out front with one of our new neighbors visiting for a while, while the boys and I were inside.  After dinner, Matthew went outside and announced, "I can't believe that guy is still here." 

(Of course he didn't realize that this wasn't a polite thing to say!  It was pretty hilarious when Mike told me, but also slightly embarrassing because it sounds exactly like something I might have said to the boys -- but in this case, I didn't!)

As you can see from the picture, the boys decorated their big pumpkin today.  (Unfortunately, I don't think the markers they used are going to sink in to the pumpkin shell, so I have a feeling the ink will all just rub off on fingers, clothes, the kitchen floor...ah well, such is a holiday with young children!)

No comments: