Sunday, October 7, 2012

Brotherly Love




The other day, we heard a little conversation from the boys' room in the morning. Then Mattie came trotting into our room and cheerfully announced, "James is out of his crib! I didn't know he could move so fast! I'm going to keep an eye on my little brother."  So cute.  :)

Last week, we were playing the dinosaur board game, and James was about to win.  He rolled an orange, the color he needed.  I said, "James, you have orange!  You win!"  He shook his head and rolled the die again.  Then the same thing happened the next turn.  I said, "James, do you want Matthew to win?"  He said, "Yes!"  (Wow, only three and already throwing games so his brother can win.  He doesn't do that all the time, but I guess he wanted to make Mattie happy that time.)

James stayed home from preschool on Friday because he had a cold.  Mattie told the teacher that he missed James!  At home, when James was getting dressed, I gave him two shirt options.  He said, "What is Mattie wearing?"  When I told him Mattie was wearing his Gator shirt (much to Daddy's dismay, since the Gators were playing LSU on Saturday), James immediately picked the orange shirt and said, "I want to be like Mattie."

The pictures are from today's "volcano."

No comments: