Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Boys in Hats

Grandma is safely back home again -- we miss her already!

We had the babysitter in for a few hours again today, which allowed me to go get a haircut and go grocery shopping guilt-free. :) I had a list of other things that I planned to do while she was here, but I didn't make much progress on it -- those hours went by very quickly! Oh well, that's just how it goes these days.

The cooler weather last week gave us a chance to use the boys' new winter hats. (Thanks, B & R!) Aren't they cute?

3 comments:

Cindy Pickett said...

How are you guys surviving without more childcare? We hired a part-time nanny who started working two weeks after we brought Sam home. If you can, I'd recommend regular in-home help. It's a total lifesaver. P.S. A professional nanny will also clean bottles, do the kids' laundry, straighten up. You'll wonder how you lived without her.

Melanie said...

Cindy -- my poor neglected students are asking a similar question. :) We're planning to get someone for the spring, but it's definitely an appealing thought to get more help sooner. (Just the idea of someone else cleaning bottles sounds heavenly.)

Cindy Pickett said...

I was still physically at home even though our nanny was there, which may seem odd, but it was a good situation for us. I didn't want to be separated from Sam that early, but I also liked being able to go take a nap, shower, answer emails, etc, and yes, not clean bottles!