Thursday, June 25, 2015

In the Catskills


 I'm at a meeting in the Catskills this weekend (sadly, missing out on the return of Bubba and the boys' end of season baseball celebration.)  I took the train here this morning.  Matthew would be excited to see that we crossed the Rip Van Winkle bridge to get here!  (He likes the audiobook version of the story we have.)

When I sent Mike the conference info (it's a meeting at a retreat center about using media to convey stories of hope and healing, rather than just bad news and tragedy), his reply was, "seems very hippie."  He was probably right -- this evening we enjoyed a vegetarian dinner, and then had a musical performance which ended with holding hands and dancing in a circle to a Native American chant.  :)  I will probably skip the sunrise meditation but might make it to the pre-breakfast yoga. (Seriously, though, I think it's going to be a very interesting and engaging time. And the musician was awesome!)






No comments: