
The apartment complex has a shopper's shuttle that goes to various malls in the area, so I explored a new one the other night -- Bugis Junction. The mall is pretty typical, albeit with a large number of delicious-looking places to eat (the one I chose was a "Mexican-Turkish" stall that sold both kebabs and burritos -- unexpected, but really yummy!)

But behind the mall is Bugis Street with various alleys branching off it, and this is Tourist Bargain Central. It's jam-packed with people and stalls selling all kinds of tourist stuff (magnets, pens, decorative plates) at discount prices. (I'm sure it's all mass-produced in China, as so many things are these days.) It was fun to go take a look, though, and I did end up with a fabulous new wallet to memorialize my time in Singapore. (Mike thinks it's extremely tacky, and he's no doubt right, but I love it!)
They were also having some kind of spray-painting/public art thing going on. (The Angry Birds were on the door of McDonalds, which is heavily promoting the Angry Birds movie.)
No comments:
Post a Comment