 |
| Matthew and James would approve of the Dusseldorf airport! |
I arrived today in Germany. (When the passport official asked about the purpose of my trip, I said I was here for a conference. He said, "Ah, business, no fun?" And I said, "Well, I think there will be at least a little fun!")
I took the train from Dusseldorf to the conference town,
Bielefeld. (They did a last-minute track change -- announced only in German -- so I had to run for it, but I made it!)
 |
| The view from my hotel window (Bielefeld main train station) |
The weather was cloudy and a bit rainy, but I bought an umbrella, which meant that it didn't rain when I was walking around. :) The town has a big shopping street, and a neat old town with a little flower and vegetable market. The big attraction is the castle, Sparrenberg, and I made it up there to see the nice views -- but then jet lag hit!
I called home from my stop in the Atlanta airport on the way, and Mike reported that the front doorknob had fallen off and that Matthew had a rash all over and he was taking him to the pediatrician. :) Not exactly a smooth start, but fortunately Mattie just had hives (for no reason that they could figure out), and they're gone today after a dose of Benadryl.
 |
| Doner Kebab for lunch |
 |
| Bielefeld Rathaus |
 |
| Old Town (Altstadt) Market |
 |
| I don't know who this guy with the pipe is, but there are a bunch of statues of him |
 |
| Sparrenberg Castle |
 |
| View from Sparrenberg |
1 comment:
I do so love living vicariously through your professional conferences.
Post a Comment